Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spoken Word: "How Come"


How Come right seems wrong, and wrong seems right
How Come it seems wrong, to give you our life?

The hardest thing for us to do is cooperate with you
Because the flesh is telling us to do what “we want” to do

Those who believe in you seem to struggle the most
That’s why many people tend to lose some of their hope

The backsliders, the sinners, seem to have it all
The house, the cars, and money to show it off

How Come right seems wrong, and wrong seems right
How Come it seems wrong, to give you our life?

It would be better though, if we could see you through a telescope
For you to pierce through the sky, and make your love tangible

Sometimes I get angry, because I feel like I’m living a lie
Wish I could throw a rope in the air and pull you out of the sky

Because it’s making me sick, to see these imbeciles getting rich
And it makes me wonder, is the plan you have for me really legit

But I’m not all about the money; I just want what I deserve
That’s when you remind me, all I deserve is your word!

Because the greatest gift, is something money can’t buy
So Lord, thanks for not being mad at me for writing this alibi!

No comments:

Post a Comment